Sunday, November 18, 2012

Imagine Dragons: Night Visions (Album Review)


Alright, so first let me start off by saying this is not your typical Electronic Overdose post... When I first heard the band (Yes, band) Imagine Dragons it was a song called "Radioactive" which had some electronic vibes strung throughout it. When I found out that the band recently released a CD I figured mine as well check 'em out! What I quickly realized was that Imagine dragons are not a band heavily influenced by electronic music as I previously thought. Instead of the soothing synth noises found in Radioactive I was greeted with the sounds of something like an alternative rock band. Sooooo....

STOP READING THIS IF YOU HAVE NO DESIRE TO HEAR ABOUT AN ALTERNATIVE ALBUM!!!!

This band is no doubt full of talent... So many songs on this CD are catchy and I found myself playing them over and over and over and... you get it. I've listed the tracks below but here are my top five: Radioactive, The River, Selene, Tiptoe, and It's Time. I found this band to be a refreshing addition to my itunes library and I hope you all feel the same. While this band won't have you pumping your fist it wouldn't surprise me if you're belting out your lungs to these tracks in your car... (Not that i've done that or anything...) In closing, no Imagine Dragons were definitely not what I expected from an electronic standpoint. But am I glad I gave them a listen? Hell yea.

Rating: 4.5/5

Track-listing
1. Radioactive
2. Tiptoe
3. It's Time
4. Demons
5. On Top of the World
6. Hear Me
7. Amsterdam
8. Every Night
9. Bleeding Out
10. Underdog
11. Nothing Left to Say/ Rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment